Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I am Blaming it on the Chinese

Working from home definitely has it's benefits. I get to do conference calls while wearing my comfy flannel PJs, which is pretty awesome. I also have less distraction, which helps me get things done at my own speed and take lots of breaks to do things like cook and laundry. Well, today was an exception. Our dryer died.

I had a bad feeling this was going to happen soon, because on Sunday it took 2 1/2 hours to dry two king size sheet sets and around 20 pillowcases. Yes, we use that many pillows - not the point here...

When we bought our home, we paid the former owners $300.00 cash to leave all of the appliances. Call us Suckahs!, because the assholes had planned to leave the appliances with the house and basically took our money. We were first-time home buyers, give us a break! The washing machine died during the first year. We were totally broke (thanks to infertility treatment costs), and I bought a cheapo washing machine that has 3 cycles and only rinses on the cold cycle. No bells or whistles, no delicate cycle, no sanitation. Just cold/cold, warm (cold)/cold and hot/cold. At first, the only plus was that it had a liquid fabric softener dispenser. Now, that either completely gums up after about 3 cycles and/or gradually leaks out during the washing, not rinsing phase. ARGH.

So, instead of spending the day in my warm house in my warm flannel PJs, I trudged out to buy a dryer. Only a dryer.

As you can see, I came home with these:













My excuse was: "B, we'll be having a baby soon! We need the sanitizing cycle! We need the 22 towel capacity! We need this for bibs, food stains, shit issues, and general clean baby karma!"
We are now $2500.00 lighter, and have a used washing machine for sale.

14 comments:

C's Mom said...

Muy limpia ;0)

Susan said...

OOOOHHH! TWINS! Congratulations and yes, you will use the sanitizing cycle. 20 pillowcases?

Special K said...

Nice! But who knew they cost so much?! I've had mine for 10 years... OMG knock on wood that I just didn't jinx myself!

wzgirl said...

These look a whole lot like ours. The FIRST purchase we made when we moved into our house. You'll LOVE the front loader. We lucked out b/c there is a Sears "Scratch & Dent" closeby & we got a great deal on a minorly scratched set.

I'll repeat - you are going to LOVE these little buggers!!

Joannah said...

Those look really nice! I'm a tad jealous. ;-)

Anne Marie said...

Oohhh..front loaders...I really want those next time! I never thought I'd be ogling washers!

Anne Marie said...

Oh, and yes! you absolutely did them!

Mrs Pushy said...

I agree w/ Wzgirl... you are going to love the twins! We recently purchased something very similar when we moved into our new house, and I actually enjoy doing laundry now. Well, I like it more than I used to anyway...

Anonymous said...

I love them. They can make a mommy drool. Well not exactly, but who knew I would be so excited about those things...Makes washing fun-sortof.
Lisa

"M2" said...

I'm jealous!!!! my dryer no longer has a timer-I have to guess when to shut it off--many a day I leave for work and have to turn around thinking I left the darn thing on. A safety issue which China too will force me to purchase another

walternatives said...

another praise-singer for front loaders. good for you for getting what you want!

Shannon said...

I think your "excuse" is extremely legitimate. I'd buy it. :-)

"M" said...

Can I come over to do laundry? Looks great to me and a very valid excuse. I'm sure worth every penny,

aimeeg said...

sounds like a good excuse! And you can wash many more pairs of flannel pj's now.