Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Request and a Question

If you look past my archives you will see a little blue square that tells readers that says, "Tracked for free by Statcounter.com." Every so often I will roll over there to see how many hits the old blog is taking and to see who's looking at me. Especially because I might be looking at them.

I don't have a lot of readers, but since I became an ALT, my readership (is that even a word?) has gone up. I am getting hits from folks from all kinds of places. Places where people are covered in snow, basking in the sun, eating sushi, building space stations, or watching fireworks over the Pearl River in China. Places I want to know about. Places I would like to see.

So my request is this - Identify yourself, please. Put a little shout out in the comments to say, "Hey!" or to tell me some weirdo factoid about yourself. Here, I'll share a weirdo factoid about me: I smell my food. Oh yeah, like a dog. I know, it's weird. If you don't have any weirdo factoids about yourself (you know you do), you can just show me some love. Well, you don't have to show the love, but I won't complain if you do.

My question is this:
I need to update my blogroll to include my ALT Posse. When I do this sometime in the next week or so, should I update the look of the blog? I love the picture, but the green is really getting to me. Right now I am 90% sure I am going to ditch the picture and opt for a new layout. You have to read it, so tell me what you think. What's appealing to you, dear reader?

Actually, that was 2 questions.

13 comments:

Anne Marie said...

I'm an ALT and I'm here! I also sometimes check blogs from work so if you see a hit from the provider qwest in my city that's me from work.

weirdo factoid: I can only go down an escalator on the right side. Going up is not a problem.

I think a makeover always makes you feel good, but I think the look is up to you.

Michelle said...

Hey, I'm reading from CA. I have so many wierd factoids about myself that I'm not even sure I could choose just one. I really like the picture, but every now and then change is good.

CA Momma said...

My Dh smells his food too. CA here too.

Fellow ALT

Mrs Pushy said...

I'm an ALT too!!

A weird fact about me....I have the day to day biological clock of a teenager. Since I'm typing this at almost 1 AM, you can see that left to my own devices, I would stay up every night until 4 or 5 AM and get up around 11 AM. Unfortunately, real life does not lend itself very well to that lifestyle...

Changing a blog skin is fun. When it's finished, you think to yourself "look what I did", even though someone else probably helped you. It helps to shake things up every once in a while.

Susan said...

I hang on to every word you write and will come back no matter what your blog looks like. New looks are good and maybe even give off a fresh and renewed feeling.

Weirdo factoids: I always put my left shoe on first but take the right one off first. I also put mustard on my sandwich in a clockwise swirly circle. Unless it's half a sandwich and then it's just 2 lines down the half - the right half of the bread.

"M2" said...

Another Alt here!
weird factoid--I have so many, um... I cannot stand any trash in little trashcans. If anything is in bathroom trash-the tiniest q-tip, I must remove it.

aimeeg said...

Another ALT here. I don't like meat to touch the mayo on a sandwich--needs a tomato or cheese buffer.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Fellow ALT girl here. I'm in Canada, although you already know that from my blog.
I like the ladybug picture and would like to see it stay, but I understand that needs change when changing the layout. Good luck with whatever you choose.

kitchu said...

I love the design up top, and most especially the caption... reads like poetry a bit, and I'm a sucker for poetry. As for the color... follow your heart, have fun with it!
Kris

Mamacita said...

C'est moi, in Colorado. Mamacita of ALT fame. I like the ladybug at the top. It's artsy. The green color is so-so to me, but I have a widescreen monitor so I see A LOT of the green, but I'll still love you no matter what you do.

I want more tatoos, but my husband is against them. Do I pick a fight or leave well enough alone?

Oh, and I look EXACTLY like Angelina Jolies. EXACTLY.

Debra Sue said...

Mamacita,
Why not compromise and get a tattoo where no one can see it when you're clothed.

That way, your husband can't compain that you look too much like Angelina Jolie - most of her's are pretty discreet when she's not dressed like a ho.

Michele said...

NY ALT here! A little revision might lift your spirits. I like the pic but maybe some new colors?

Weird factoid about me: I cannot eat slimy food. I love spinach salad but can't eat it cooked. I love stuffed clams and clam chowder byt iksnay on the steamer or raw ones. Yucko!

I also check from home and work.

SunSticker said...

Hi! My name is Kim, and here is my weird factoid:
My Sister-in-Law once had a sex dream about me!
I'm that hot.
I love your blog. :)