Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Sunday, February 10, 2008
- Favorite Color: Purple
- Favorite Food: Mexican - mainly chips & salsa
- Favorite Month: August - my birthday and usually a vacation
- Favorite Song: I don't have an all time favorite. Right now - David Bowie's Man Who Sold the World and Daughtry's What About Now
- Favorite Movie: A Room with a View
- Favorite Sport: None to play; basketball or men's swimming to watch
- Favorite Season: Fall
- Favorite Day of the week: Wednesday
- Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Pistachio
- Favorite Time of Day: Early Morning
- Current Mood: Grumpy - I am sick from my third sinus infection in 6 months. My ears hurt.
- Current Taste: Stirfry - B's cooking and it smells yummy
- Current Clothes: Dark gray velour lounge pants, black turtleneck, and white sneaker socks.
- Current Desktop: A cartoon from this website. JAM!
- Current Toenail Color: Umm... getting that taken care of next week
- Current Time: 7:37 pm EST
- Current Surroundings: Our bedroom surrounded by textbooks
- Current Thoughts: I need to quit dicking around and type up the notes for this, I need to eat that stirfry, my ears hurt, what am I going to wear tomorrow for work
- First Best Friend: First Real Best Friend was Kathy. Kathy and I were BFFs through junior high and high school, and we had great fun together. We were pretty competitive with each other, which was healthy and inspiring. We hung out all the time talking about boys, gossiping about everybody, making up interpretive dances, writing in slam books, and owning our local Children's Theatre. She's married to a great guy and has 2 beautiful boys, and is extremely successful in her field. She still inspires me today.
- First Kiss: First closed lips - Charlie V. in sixth grade. I think he managed to kiss every girl in our class. First open lips - David F. in eigth grade following the Brian Adams concert. It wasn't good, sorry David.
- First Screen Name: DMBFan. I am still a fan.
- First Pet: We always had pets, so I don't remember the first.We had Stupid (yes, the dog's name was Stupid), Oscar, Dottie, and Albert. All are now chasing rabbits and eating large soup bones in the sky.
- First (and only) Piercing: Earlobes
- First Crush: Jason C. in sixth grade. He had perfectly feathered blondehair, which was groomed repeatedly by the small comb he kept in the back pocket of his Lee jeans.He would wear those white crew socks with stripes at the top and pull at them constantly. His favorite song was Jack and Diane by John Cougar (Mellencamp), and every time I hear it, I think of him.
- First CD: Ahem, do you mean Album? That would be Prince and the Revolution - Purple Rain.
- Last Cigarette: About a year and a half ago. I was a social smoker, and never really was addicted. Since B quit, I have no one to bum a few puffs from.
- Last Drink: Can't really remember. Maybe a Dos Equis at the Mexican place about a year ago.
- Last Car Ride: I don't ride - I drive. Last drive was to and from the gas station to fill up my vehicle for a long drive in the am.
- Last Kiss: Real one last night from B before bed.
- Last Movie Seen: 3:10 to Yuma. I fell asleep. I have really been into Dexter lately. I just finished season I and I am now watching Season II on demand. I have also starting watching back episodes of BBC's Spooks.
- Last Phone Call: My mom calling to say goodnight.
- Last CD Played: Daughtry
- Have You Ever Dated One Of Your Best Guy/Girl Friends: I married my best guy friend.
- Have You Ever Broken the Law: Probably. Okay, yeah, but nothing too criminal. Petty things that karma will pay me back for someday.
- Have You Ever Been Arrested: Nope. Petty things only.
- Have You Ever Skinny Dipped: No, I can't swim and I would only skinny dip at night, so I can't see this ever happening.
- Have You Ever Been on TV: Yes, but only local access.
- Have You Ever Kissed Someone You Didn't Know: Oh yeah. But only kissing.
- Thing You're Wearing: Pigtails because my hair is dirty.
- Thing You've Done Today: Homework and Work-work. Yawn.
- Thing You Can Hear Right Now: C in the shower and B clicking through the channels on the TV.
- Thing You Can't Live Without: Family & coffee
- Thing You Do When You're Bored: Surf the Internet.
4 PLACES YOU'VE BEEN TODAY
- In bed
- In my recliner
- My mother's house
- On the toilet
PEOPLE YOU CAN TELL ANYTHING TO
- My mom
- Black or White: Black
- Hot or Cold: Hot coffee; cold everything else
No.1 THING YOU WANT TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE: I can think of several things I want to do - finish my doctoral program and get my pointy hat, lose weight and be healthy, go to New York City, watch C graduate from school and have a good life, wake up every morning next to B, and many, many more. But the No. 1 thing I want to do before I die is hear my Ruby calling me Mama.
Saturday, February 02, 2008
I guess I decided to take a little hiatus there for a while. Just like the WGA's neverending strike, I decided to walk the picket line of blogging. No writing for me, and I am okay for it. I have been reading other blogs regularly (addiction is hard), but I haven't had a whole lot to say that's been positive. Truthfully, I still don't have a whole lot to say that's positive, except, maybe, I'm back?
Regardless, I haven't abandoned the whole blogging "thing," I've just been a little down, a little lazy, and a little busy. The bottom line is that I've been up to a whole lot of Woe and not enough Awesome.
Since I am subjecting you anyway, I'll alternate the Woe with the Awesome.
WOE ~ I have gained weight, which is something I could not afford to do. I just saw a picture of myself holding Caroline's new baby (AH!), and it wasn't so pretty (EW). Gravity and chins don't mix. I believe it's my thyroid acting up. I have lost a considerable amount of hair, which is distressing in itself, and I have the energy of a garden slug. Too bad, a nice dip in beer wont shrivel me some.
AWESOME ~ I am going to Vegas in a few weeks. I am pretty excited since I've never been. I have tickets to see Mama Mia and I am hoping to get my classmate to go to Mesa Grill. I know my boyfriend Bobby won't be there, but it's close enough.
WOE ~ C is doing somewhat better. The outbursts have been farther apart, which means the medication cocktail is working. She has also gained some weight, well her's has been considerable, which is sadly a side-effect of her meds. Grades have improved, but her friendships have tanked. She has made 2 "best friends" this year so far, and both have bailed on her because she's so pushy/intrusive. She and I talk about giving space and growing friendships A LOT, but she just doesn't get that best friendships need time and space to develop. Being friends with C is a little like that cartoon where the little dog keeps jumping over the big dog. I think you know which one she is. She's just trying way too hard.
AWESOME ~ We have decided to join our local Y because of this Winter Bear packing we've all gone through, and we're making it our Valentine's to each other. We've been talking about it for a while now, and it is definitely time for all of us to go. My final inspiration was this gal - if she can get up at 4:00 to swim, I can get up at 6:30 to do the elliptical.
WOE ~ We have to take our taxes to an accountant for the first time ever. I am not excited about it even though she seems perfectly pleasant and we have nothing to worry about.
AWESOME ~ I am working on an amazing international project for my qualitative research class. I don't want to say too much about it here, but trust me it's awesome. I am so flattered to be a part of such a big deal.
WOE ~ We just had our 19 month LID anniversary. Could this one be the halfway mark? What got me in the gut was when I had to change my email/Yahoo signature from "LID 6/27" to "LID 6/27/06." That was hard.
AWESOME ~ Finally, I am hopefully making some changes in my life within the next few months, and I'll be blogging all about it. I don't make New Year's resolutions, but I am hoping a change is gonna come.