Sunday, August 27, 2006
During this time I have learned that...
~I have become comfortable eating in restaurants alone. In the past, I have had some anxiety about this because I felt like people are watching me/feeling sorry for me. Now I know bringing a book helps pass the time. Eating alone is no longer a big deal. Besides, these people will never see me again, so who really cares?
~I enjoy going to movies by myself. One evening last week I went to the dollar movies and had a blast! It was a weeknight, so there weren't too many people in the audience. I bought a drink, sat back, and enjoyed absorbing myself in the flick for 2 hours. No worries about bathroom breaks, conversation, or sharing popcorn.
~Chatting on the hotel phone is pretty fun. No one to interrupt your conversation with their commentary. Thanks to Shannon for making the evenings go by a little more quickly and a lot more fun.
~The Hampton Inn is a sure thing. They are always clean, have 24 hour fresh coffee in the lobby, and they have new beds; you get to sleep in a mound of comfort.
~I can go hours without making a sound. When I have to answer the phone or say something after this respite, my voice sounds like I have been napping. It's kind of breathy and scratchy. Weird.
~Wireless connection keeps you sane.
~I miss B terribly. We would have loads of fun if we were traveling together, but he's at home and I am out. After a day, I am ready to be back home with him. Being away has brought appreciation for my marriage and our relationship to the forefront of my attention. My love for him gets stronger every day I am away.
Sunday, August 20, 2006
Basically the Kick-off Classic is the beginning of the midget league football season, as well as C's first foray into the world of cheerleading. She did a great job practicing and participating despite the incredible heat. Unfortunately, she and I both got too hot and had to bail before the second game. Nevermind the fact that the games were running over an hour behind and it was 1000 degrees hot. Sunburned and sweaty, I made the call when she polished off her fifth bottle of water. She felt terrible leaving her only other teammate, Madison, but we were all sick from the sitting in the hot sun all day. As you can see in the pictures she's giving it her best.
Thursday, August 17, 2006
1. Sue is no longer my middle name. I dropped it when B and I were married and assumed my maiden name as my middle name.
2. I am a reality TV show whore and I am not ashamed. I watch Treasure Hunters, Big Brother All-Stars, Rock Star: Supernova, Project Runway, and Hell's Kitchen. I can't wait for the new season of The Apprentice.
3. I refuse to live in a house in which someone has died - this is an extreme phobia of mine.
4. I am bitter and disappointed that having a child has been 7-8 years in the making.
5. I really don't like chocolate candy. I will eat chocolate cake and ice cream, but a piece of chocolate candy makes my throat feel full of phlem. Gross.
6. I have extreme flatulation issues. I have never consciously passed gas in front of B. It is the one thing in the world that can totally embarrass me, so please don't fart in my presence.
7. I love B's hands. They are my favorite part of his body. They are wonderful.
8. Audiobooks are the best. I love listening to them while I am driving. I travel an incredible amount and listening to a book on CD helps pass the boring driving hours.
9. When I was 5 I was diagnosed with ADHD. My pediatrician wanted to medicate me, but my parents refused. I did not make my first A until I was in the 10th grade. I have learned to cope. As an adult I have developed my career around working with people who have mental illness or mental retardation. I think my childhood issues have had a direct effect on every aspect of my life - for the best.
10. There is something in my brain that helps me memorize insane amounts of celebrity and pop culture trivia like a savant. What's worse is I will talk about celebrities and their lives as if they are close friends of mine.
11. I am crushing so hard on Julian MacMahon from Nip/Tuck. My God that man is beautiful.
12. I would really love to know who should play me in a movie of my life. I already know who would play B, C, my mom, my dad, my brother, and my SIL. I just can't get who will play me. If you say Camryn Manheim I will never, ever speak to you again.
13. I will not drink milk. To me, milk tastes metallic like blood. I will drink half & half in my coffee, but sometimes I can taste the metallic blood flavor. The colder it is, the more metallic it tastes.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. ItÂs easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Friday, August 11, 2006
How cool is my Secret Pal? I am especially smitten with the "My Daddy is a Rock Star" onsie. B is going to flip when he sees it! Apparently my Secret Pal has been paying attention.
It was so great to come home from a exhausting week of traveling and working to find this package on my porch. At first I thought it was some books I ordered from Amazon, but low and behold a box of goodies, a lovely poem and a birthday wish for me! Thanks Secret Pal, you're awesome!
I cannot even begin to tell you how hard it is not to look at that postmark. The box is in the garbage and there it shall remain!
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
~Got a surprise cake at work from my pal Arlene. I was so excited by said cake, I forgot about taking a picture until it was 2/3 way gone.
~Received 2 copies of the same CD from Lori and Caroline. It's refreshing to know they listen to me when I am obsessing.
~Got a super-duper handmade crafty card from my pal Shannon.
~Did not get my awesome bike. It's retired. Dammit! B worked diligently to find it to his great disappointment and mine.
~Got a new game to take with me on my upcoming trip to N.C. to see my e-pals Shannon 1, Shannon 2, and Susan. It is on, ladies.
~My momma made me my favorite breakfast, creamed tomatoes and biscuits, and my favorite cake, Sunshine Cake on Sunday.
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
As I am resetting the thermometer and the air kicks on at warp speed, both cats run to a respective vent and crash, dizzy from the heat. I call B at work who proceeds to tell me that C said she was cold this morning so she reset the temperature "a little bit." Yeah right. Now I am sitting here in a t-shirt and panties in my living room because it's so hot upstairs it's hard to breathe. She'd better be thankful I have BB7 on Ti-vo and she's spending the night with her mom (in the air-conditioned comfort of her bedroom, of course). Punk ass kid. A little bit, my sweaty ass.