Saturday, February 17, 2007

Crack

I love bread. Warm, crusty, chewy bread. This is an addiction for me. I am not ashamed of my love for a crispy oven-toasted, buttered-to-the-rim piece of bakery bread. Out of our local bakeries, only one is known for it's bread. Duchess Bakery makes a white butter-pan bread that is perfect for toasting or grilled cheese. It's to die for.

Today we were closer to Pan*ra than we were to Duchess. Because it's snowy and cold outside, I had decided that today's a perfect soup day. Tomato soup day. With that in mind, I told Mom I wanted to run into Pan*ra to get some country bread to make nice, gooey grilled cheese sandwiches to dunk into our soup. She was reluctant because our Pan*ra is not the greatest. The selection of breads and pastries are usually slim pickings, and the customer services is disappointing to say the least. Regardless, I made a beeline for the bakery. I won't bore you with the details that confirm that our Pan*ra sucks, but I will tell you all about the one good thing that they are selling:

Peanut butter and banana crunch bagels.

OH MY GOD. Chewy sweet bagel with peanut butter, bananas, and nuts baked in all topped off with little crunchy banana crumbs.

I can't get it in my mouth fast enough.

5 comments:

aimeeg said...

Ok, our Pan*ra is about three blocks away, so I think I will be checking those out today!

"M2" said...

me too...could live on crusty bread--my hips tell the truth

walternatives said...

Peanut butter and banana is a great combo, especially when topped off with either a little chocolate sauce or honey...

aimeeg said...

Oh, man--I think I completely missed your request for a letter for the letter meme! So sorry!!!! If you still want to do it, why don't you take the letter "P"?

Shannon said...

Total crack. I could live on crusty bread topped with cheese. In fact I think I did in grad school and I'm still fighting the poundage! I'd better hit the mall for some more pointy toed high heels! =)