10 Years Ago: I was 24 and working at Waldenbooks in a really dead mall. I was losing an enormous amount of weight on Fen/Phen and basically was melting. Depression was pretty deep because I had a degree and was still in retail. I finally got a professional job about halfway through my 24th year. I became a case manager at a behavioral health center that is now bankrupt and defunct. I also had a boyfriend who was younger than me, but could be a lot of fun. We both were film fanatics. Had a cervical cancer scare and had surgery. It was taken care of with one surgery and my cervix is fine.
5 Years Ago: I was still working at the behavioral health center and slowly watching the ship sink. I was in my Master's internship, and felt stuck. I graduated and was hooded in April and was so proud of myself I was unbearable. Even though I had gained back all of the weight I lost with Fen/Phen, I felt pretty okay with it because I didn't have any of the scary side effects that got it pulled off the market. I was going into my first year of marriage with B and feeling very in love and happy. C was adjusting much better than I to the whole stepmom thing. She was only four and seemed to be okay with me. Sometimes if she got mad she would threaten that her mommy would put me in jail, but otherwise we were all right. Had another surgery on the nether parts to determine if I had endometriosis. None detected, but I later found out that the cyst removed from my ovary contained "boy parts" EEEWWW!
1 Year Ago: B and I were preparing to continue with fertility treatments and I began Gonal-F shots. This would turn out to be our final two attempts at IUI with medication after I switched from an OB/GYN to an RE. Neither worked, I gained 20 pounds, and we made the decision to adopt from China. We had hit the $30,000.00 mark and were finished. Also, I applied and was accepted in my doctoral program, which is a pretty big accomplishment for the lady who was told by her fifth grade teacher that she would be lucky if she graduated high school! Take that Martha Collier - you old bitch!
Yesterday: Worked all day and then went to my research class. Finally got home around 8:30, ate dinner, and immediately went to bed. Laid in my gigantic bed and fell asleep with the remote in my hand listening to the soothing sounds of Napoleon Dynamite.
5 Snacks I Enjoy:
- Doritos - Old School Nacho Cheese
- Triscuits and Laughing Cow Cheese
- Frozen Grapes
- Slim Jims - I know they're gross
- String cheese
5 Songs I Know All The Words To:
- Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
- Greek Song - Rufus Wainwright
- 1983 - John Mayer
- Come Sail Away - Styx
- Sing - The Carpenters
5 Things I Would Do With $100 Million:
- Buy an enormous amount of land and build houses for B & me, my parents, my brother, Alicia, and my FIL - but they would be so far apart we would have to ride golf carts to visit. I would also give them annual allowances.
- Adopt more than one child which is all we can afford right now.
- Retire from social work, finish my doctorate and teach part-time
- Hire a personal trainer, chef, and basic staff for my house and my family's houses if they wanted.
5 Places I Would Run Away To:
- Las Vegas
- China - get my Ruby
- A thong (bathing suit or underwear)
- Sleeveless tops - the Oprah's are a little too loose
- A Banana Clip
- A size DDD bra ever again!
5 Favorite TV Shows:
- The Apprentice
- Arrested Development
5 Biggest Joys:
- Laughing with B and C
- Talking with my nephew Noah, he is too smart and asks really cool questions
- Getting an "A"
- Hanging out with my family and friends
- A great movie I want to see over and over
5 Favorite Toys:
- Game cube
- DVR - Charter Rocks
- My new cell phone
- Old School Crossword puzzles
- My Dell
5 People I Tag To Do This : Anyone who wants to play - have at it!