Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Random Ramble**updated

I am sick. Again. I really don't want to be one of those bloggers who bitches about how crappy they feel and how sick they are all the time, but I really am sick. Again. I didn't think the human head had the capacity to hold gallons of snot. Gallons. Well, I was wrong. My nose is completely raw and cracked and bleeding. Yes, I am lovely. One good thing about it is that the appetite is gone. Never thought I would say that. I really believe it is viral, so it just has to run it's course. And run. And run. And run. You get the point.

As you can see from my previous post, I am crushing pretty hard on John Mayer right now. I loved his Ryan Seacrest slam on the pre-Grammys show when RS quizzed him about Jessica Simpson. Those lips, that voice, those lips, the sense of humor, the tattoo, those lips... Oh yeah, I also love his music. It's not just a physical love. My friend Thea and I saw him with Maroon 5 a few years ago. He is awesome live. Better actually.

I am currently waiting on the cable guy. Our cable company can't make set appointments, so it's an all day appointment or nothing. Basically I have to hang out all day and wait for this guy (or girl) to show up. Not that I mind, I am feeling rotten. I just hope he isn't repulsed by the state of my nose or the ten thousand used tissues that have multiplied faster than Gremlins and have exploded around the house. The VS channel (some sports thing) is bleeding through on Food Network. That's bad. I only watch daytime TV when I am sick, and I only watch the Food Network. I hate all of those crappy daytime talk shows and soap operas, so having some dudes playing tennis superimposed over Giada is not a good thing. **Two dudes arrived and over the course of an hour and a half they replaced all of our cable lines and our modem. They said our cable lines were incredibly old and starting to fray. Also, because it was them and not us - the call was free. Cool. Ina's kitchen is so bright and shiny, I might have to wear shades!

My new dryer was delivered Friday. The washing machine was damaged, so it had to be returned. It will be delivered in the next week or so along with the pedestals that elevate the machines and have storage space. So for now I am using my ghetto washer and fabulous dryer. The difference - one super load in the wash is a medium load in the dryer, and what used to take 2 hours to dry now takes 34 minutes. 34 minutes. I am in love.

So, The Police are touring again. I have seen Sting, but never The Police. They actually came to our little state back in 1983. The Synchronicity tour. I had a choice to see them or Duran Duran. I was 12, so take a wild guess at which concert I chose. Regrets? No. I was a Duranie and will always be a Duranie. Back off. B went to both concerts because he was spoiled. He refuses to tell anyone besides me that he went to Duran Duran. Ha! His secret is out! The Police is B's favorite band ever, so if I can get tickets, perhaps we will see you at the Philadelphia show. **Doubtful - as wzirl says, the tix are thousands of doll-hairs. Umm, we have a big old trip to China to pay for, so see you on the flip side Sting.

Finally, today is Krista's birthday. Go over and wish her well. She's snowed in, so I am sure she'll be perusing blogs and email all day in between naps. Krista is a great broad, and I mean that in the kindest, elevated to status of we-could-be-great-friends way. She's crafty, smart, supportive and kind. She's a crack shot, super investigator, penguin fanatic and has much, much love for her friends and family. Go on! Get over there and wish her a good one!

6 comments:

Michele said...

Nothing beats watching the "Making Channel" (as my nephew calls it) all day when you are sick. It is the only thing on during the day that I can tolerate. Hope you feel better soon. When we have the nose Niagara Falls I get seriously thinking that we need to invest in Kleenex stock. We'd be rich in no time.

Special K said...

I hope you feel better soon. That sucks. I hate the snot and dried up nose factor. Yuck. Stay cozy inside today.

And thanks for the birthday wishes. That's so sweet. Wish you lived closer. But when the weather warms up this spring or summer ya gotta come over for the weekend. Or we'll meet in the middle somewhere. We'll make Connie come, too.

wzgirl said...

DSue - You are AWESOME!! Now I have the perfect idea for Valentines gift for Jzboy.

Off to Tickmaster I go.....

wzgirl said...

Oh BROTHER. Those tix are thousands of doll-hairs. And, the shows are so far away! (Same with the Genesis reunion Tour). That sucks.

aimeeg said...

Sorry for Snotfest '07.

Mamacita said...

Me like see Police. Me no have 1000 doll-hairs.....Seriously, I'm sorry you're sick. Snot sucks. Maybe you need a snot sucker, like the ones you use on kids. I have one....we call it the Squeegee.

Take care of yourself.