Sunday, August 20, 2006

Kickin' It

Yesterday was the Chemical Valley's Midget League Football Association's Annual Kick-off Classic. Yes, we live in a chemical valley. We could experience a Bopal, India incident at any time; yet we choose to live here with hundreds of thousands of other people. Wonder what that says about all of us?

Basically the Kick-off Classic is the beginning of the midget league football season, as well as C's first foray into the world of cheerleading. She did a great job practicing and participating despite the incredible heat. Unfortunately, she and I both got too hot and had to bail before the second game. Nevermind the fact that the games were running over an hour behind and it was 1000 degrees hot. Sunburned and sweaty, I made the call when she polished off her fifth bottle of water. She felt terrible leaving her only other teammate, Madison, but we were all sick from the sitting in the hot sun all day. As you can see in the pictures she's giving it her best.

2 comments:

Special K said...

Bless her heart! I spent yesterday at an outdoor party. I sat on my ass under a tent and was melting so I can only imagine how miserable C felt. I guess the humidity this year is a test for us. If China stays at 12-13 mth referrals we'll travel in August! I hear China in August is like being in the depths of hell. Great....

wzgirl said...

How adorable - that is one tough little cheerleader! Good for you to stick it out as long as you did. I would have been such a whiner...