Sunday, January 01, 2006

Resolutions

I don't make New Year's resolutions. It's too much pressure. Being an inordinately lazy person, resolutions open doors to failure and add more stress to my taxed brain when I think about all of the things I should be doing. Think about it - I am lazy; therefore I lament regularly on what I should be and could be doing instead of being lazy and lounging around. Compound that with additional resolutions that usually revolve around some type of life improvement like losing weight, exercising more, blogging regularly, or cleaning my closets makes for undue stress, consequently hurting my brain and exhausting me to the point where I have to have to lie down for a while.
Although I may be exaggerating, I believe I have a point. Instead of resolutions that revolve around change and improvement, I have decided to take things as they come, and resolve to make acceptances:
I resolve to accept my laziness as a part of who I am.
I resolve to accept the fact that I procrastinate things to the point of crisis.
I resolve to accept that my thighs rub together.
I resolve to accept that this adoption is taking way longer than I want.
I resolve to accept that C has horrible fashion sense and enjoys looking like a clown on crack.
I resolve to accept my lack of organization.
I resolve to accept that I am obsessed with the mail, shoes, and books.
I resolve to accept my romance novel addiction with pride instead of shame.
I resolve to accept that I am a bad friend that rarely calls or emails, but still loves and worries about my pals.
I resolve to accept I will never stop having pimples even though I am thisclose to my 35th birthday.
I resolve to accept my self-absorption.

No comments: