Wednesday, December 27, 2006

6 Months - Yay (not).

Today marks 6 months that we've been Logged In with the CCAA. 6 months in a wait that is fraught with anxiety and tension now that the new regulations have been confirmed. If they go retroactive we are out. The medical regulations will slam us to the ground. This is the reason I haven't been blogging - I am way too down. Sorry for those 3 or 4 that follow our journey. It wasn't a planned break, it just sort of happened. I am scared, anxious, depressed and my fate is in unseen hands. For a control freak, that's pretty hard.

We chose China because I am a control freak. After months of research, we chose China because the process is/was so streamlined and secure. Granted this isn't the only reason, but it did play a part. We wanted as close to a guarantee as we could get. Well, hello Karma! Is that you biting me on the ass?

With the way things stand now, we could be pushed back for weeks or months, denied a referral, or granted the joy of our lives. It's all in the air and I hate, hate, hate the way it's making me feel. I just can't cry anymore. Goddammit.

5 comments:

Special K said...

I feel ya sister! I'm worried about the medical stuff too... even though I'm okay now ... just not sure how CCAA might interpret all of it. Plus I'm single so out for sure cuz of that. It all just sucks. I'm holding on to hope that it's true that we'll be grandfathered in. Everything I've seen so far seems to be pointing to that. Hang in there. And happy 6 month LID-versary!

Joannah said...

I'm just a week away from my six month LID anniversary, too.

I totally understand how you're feeling.

wzgirl said...

Same-same. Sucks.

wzgirl said...

DSue - I've been thinking. You need an attitude adjustment....how about a trip to SF. We can go to Tom Coliccio's restaurant at the new Bloomingdales, amongst other things!! Hang in there.....

Joannah's visiting for Spring Break.....

Debra Sue said...

Just the invite alone helped. Thanks for thinking of me. I would love a trip to S.F.! Believe me, it would be the remedy for my blues!
Unfortunately my Spring Break will be spent in San Antonio presenting at the SITE Conference. I would much rather be living it up with the two of you.