Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Dictator in my Head

I am still being a state traveler, so blogging may be sporadic. Actually, that's just an excuse for being lazy and somewhat discouraged with the whole referral process. 9 Freaking Days. All I'm saying. Grrrrr.

I try to fill my time with work, school (which is going well, thanks), prepping a proposal to hopefully present at this conference, getting excited for my trip to meet Shannon 1, Shannon 2 and to see Susan again, reading other people's blogs, thinking about gifts for my Secret Pals, and making lists of the things I need to do before my surgery in November. But it's still there. A constant whisper in my ear

... 9 days, new restrictions, 9 days, years of waiting, 9 days, rejection, 9 days, what if? 9 days...

It's in my head when I travel, when I shop, when I am driving and listening to this (which is terrible) and this (which is great). It's my mantra. Over and over, the broken record of a little Chinese devil that unfortunately looks like this guy, who's not even Chinese!

I am taking suggestions for anything else that can fill my time and get this guy off my back. Any takers?

5 comments:

Susan said...

I don't have any words of wisdom BUT Hershey's has a new cookie that took the edge off me the other day. I had the little pack of four eaten before I got out of the parking lot. Other than that, I've no assvice to spew forth only that I can't wait to see you and I'm bringing the mixin's for mojitos!

Shannon said...

Hey! Your the Debbie I'm going to meet in the mountains! I'm looking forward to meeting you too. We're going to have such a fun time!

C's Mom said...

Hi - just came across your blog.

Get a whack-a-mole game and make little effigies of that guy...then beat the snot out of him. So down on the 9 day gig.

Oh, and you will LOVE the results of your surgery. My practice does many and we have a lot of happy campers free of pain and mama diapers!

Shannon said...

Let me know if you come to Southern Virginia. You can hang with Shannon 3! =)
Oh, and one of my friends recently introduced me to Nestles brownie-cookie mint ice cream cookie sandwich. That might help fill a minute or two!

wzgirl said...

Hi Deb! The only thing that is helping me is this plethora of projects that I keep adding to my list. That & starting to reconnect with friends - I've been trying to set up one social sort of thing per weeknd. Something to look forward to. I'll be thinking about ya with this proceedure coming up in November....nice to read what Connie said. XO