Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Relieved

See that image ladies and gents? That, my pals, means that I finally have a chair for my doctoral committee. If you are unfamiliar with the process, basically it means that I finally have a mentor that will help me navigate the dissertation process and finish the last leg of my program.
To me, asking someone to chair my committee was a little like proposing - stressful, anxiety-inducing, and immensly relieving when she said yes. All is well in the land of Deb.

6 comments:

C's Mom said...

Congrats....good news!

Ah, but unlike proposing no fortune need be spent on a dress, cake, etc ;0)

wzgirl said...

GREAT news, D-Sue!! That is fantastic!!

Debra Sue said...

No dress or kiss Connie, just lots of student loans to pay back. Oh well, at least they die with me...

SunSticker said...

Awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Special K said...

Great news! So does this mean we can start calling you Dr Debra Sue pretty soon?

Susan said...

Yippee. BTW, I've had this nagging ache...think you could prescribe something for that? :)

see ya soon