Thursday, September 14, 2006

All About the Idols

Thirteen Things about The American Idol Concert

1. Ace Young is so much hotter in person than he ever was on television. Oh man, he's beautiful. I needed a fan. I am a fan.

2. Don't ever assume that you'll be able to see things on the large screens most concerts provide. For some reason the most visible screen hosted pictures of flames, the moon and other nonsensical items. I would much rather have seen close ups of Ace's abs and lovely Crest smile.

3. There are people out there who love to sing, but can't. If you are one of them, do the person in front of you the courtesy of not screaming every lyric to every song. Sing softly so that people won't hear that you have absolutely no ability to hit one note in tune.

4. Katherine McPhee is just stunning. She looks like a young, thin Linda Rondstadt. She sings almost as well.

5. Taylor Hicks is awfully cute, but when standing next to Ace, he doesn't have a chance.

6. I was as giddy as C and my niece Lauryn when Elliot Yamin came on stage. He's a phenomenal performer. I heart Elliot.

7. Little girls can only handle so much excitement before they become emotional and cranky. We hit our excitement quota about 9:20. It was all downhill from there.

8. Kelly Pickler is just a shame on the face of womanhood. All I'm sayin.'

9. I loved the fact that there were people of all ages in the audience. We were surrounded by moms, dads, children, and grandparents. It was a family-style love fest.

10. Taking two pre-teens to a concert is a superior act of kindness and patience. I should be commended for both.

11. Seeing the looks of awe, excitement, and extreme pleasure on the faces of C and Lauryn was worth every dime spent.

12. Chris Daughtry is going to be a mega rock star. I have not heard that type of squealing and screaming since Duran Duran in 1983.

13. Did I mention that Ace Young is smoking hot? Oh, yeah...he is!


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I'll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. ItÂ’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


4 comments:

Special K said...

I know what you mean. My best friend and I took her daughter and my god daughter to see Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake a few years ago. They were probably about 9 yrs old. It got better after a few beers.

But the show was actually great. I'm a fan of both so it was cool. Even with 2 screaming crazy 9 yr olds.

C's Mom said...

I'm glad to know there's another I heart Elliot out there. So he may not be babe-a-licious, he's my kinda singin' guy!

wzgirl said...

I really like Elliot, too. Love his crooked smile! What a special gift that you gave C & Lauren - is this their first concert? If so, that's pretty cool. You never forget your first concert!! I took my little sister to hers (Howard Jones) & feel kinda proud about it.

Shannon said...

Your comments cracked me up! And why was Ace showing his abs?! I thought this was a family show! =)