Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Back

So, we made it back Saturday from our week-long exile in West Virginia's #1 vacation spot - Myrtle Beach, SC. We were able to be on the ocean or at the pool every day, which is pretty awesome considering it's the beginning of hurricane season.

I won't bore you with the day-to-day itinerary, but will share some highlights:
  • Fondue rocks, and we wish heartily we had a Melting Pot near home.
  • Beach chairs are great when sitting in the surf watching the waves roll in.
  • Sand in your crotch from said beach chair in the surf is not so great.
  • Assholes who monopolize the pool, play horseshoes in over your stuff so that it's trampled into the sand, and are drunk (excluding the pregnant-but-I-still-wear-a-string-bikini-to-show-my-stretch marks-and-tramp stamp) by 11:00 am, do not make the best neighbors; we were grateful for the "quiet time" policy.
  • Screened-in porches are the best place to watch nighttime thunderstorms over the ocean.
  • My mama makes a mean shrimp boil with fresh shrimp, smoked sausage, onion, lemon, corn, new potatoes, and enough spice to slap your grandma. We licked our plates.
  • I love having vacation with my parents now that we take separate cars to and from our destinations.
  • C is a total chicken and we wasted 50 bucks on a Haunted Adventure attraction.
  • Having no access to the Internet is both empowering and crippling at the same time.
  • C is a terrible liar. She was caught red-handed (or should I say, 'red-gummed'?) in a super doozie about flossing the gunk out of her nasty-ass red, white and blue braces. This one took a bit of forethought and effort; thus resulting in the wrath of me, and the subsequent "Life is Hell" attitude she unleashed on everyone.
  • Sand does bizarre things to your feet, and my pedicurist Jenny cussed me in English and in Vietnamese the entire time she repaired the damage to my soles and polish.

2 comments:

walternatives said...

"tramp-stamp" - I love it! But red, white and blue braces? Not so sure. Glad you had a good time and welcome back.

Headmeister said...

I'm always shocked to hear that ppl have never heard the term "tramp stamp"...lol. Although not all who have one actually ARE tramps, there's usually an 80-20 majority ;)

I lol'ed at the "enough spice to slap your grandma"

I hate people, so I totally get the assholes comment. I don't actually hate all people, just most of them. It's the only thing my DH and I have in common...lol.

I love the way you write, it's so much like how I speak....lol. You should post more so I can read more. That's right, just for me, no one else...lol.