Monday, May 07, 2007

Walking, Riding, and Wiggling

I've been pretty busy lately, and this weekend was no exception. Early Saturday morning, along with several of my coworkers and friends, I walked a mile for breast cancer research. Our state hosted the Susan G Koman Race for the Cure and raised over 75,000.00. Everyone should contribute to this cause; there are 2.3 breast cancer survivors in the United States because Early Detection is the Best Protection! One of those survivors is my friend Caroline's mom, Rose. Last year she found a lump early and was able to be treated with minimal invasion.

Here we are near the finish line, walking for Rose!
L to R: Caroline, Billie, Thea, Mary, & me.

We walked our mile, now walk yours! Support Breast Cancer Research!


Later that day, B and I drove over to the Hyundai dealership and traded in my beloved Sorento for this hot little number.

A 2007 Tucson in Mesa Red.

I loved my Sorento, but 18 MPG highway at 3.09 a gallon was killing me. I spent 120.00 on gas in 2 weeks! It was any easy trade and my MPG went up to 24-25 highway. Bonus! The saleswoman was hilarious, and we rocked out to great 80s tunes while they did our paperwork. Spending big amounts of money stresses me out, and usually I get really grouchy and panicky. This time I ended up with a fever. Weird.

On Sunday we BBQed with my parents and my brother's family, which is always fun. Noah had a good time showing us his wiggly front tooth, and later that evening pulled it out. Check him out!

7 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Fun stuff!! Happy new car! We are in teh process of trying to buy a used car to replace our beat up old Volkswagen, but are not having any luck.
Way to go, Noah!!! Lookin' good!

Polar Bear said...

LOVE the new wheels!

Yeah Noah! What a great smile.

wzgirl said...

DSue - You and I just have the most random of things in common. This weekend I am doing the Race for the Cure! We do it every year in Sacramento as a Mother's Day thing. The shirts are kinda cute this year - I hope that ours are the same!

Nice car! Love the color! xo

Pug Mama said...

Awesome on the walk! My mother is a survivor.

"M2" said...

Congrats on your mile.
and your car.
and the tooth??

Mamacita said...

Great job on the walk!!!

walternatives said...

Congratulations on the walk and thanks for including the photo - looks like a fun group to be strolling with. And big big congratulations on the car - she's beautiful!