Thursday, May 11, 2006

Breathe Again

Ready to go a few rounds with Mother Nature, I hopped puddles and flowing streams of storm water to the post office down the street to overnight 2.5 pounds of hope to Colorado - our dossier documents and photos. While there, I was so overwhelmed and flustered, I forgot to put our photos in with our paperwork. Thankfully, the nice postal worker gently re-opened our packet and let me slide them in. As I was holding the flap closed so he could tape it, he said, "Hey, your hands are shaking." Laughter burst out, and I said, "I'm really excited and a little bit scared." He just smiled and taped my package shut, stamped it, and said, "Don't worry, it'll get there by noon." I didn't explain, there was no need.
Going back to work, I trudged across the city streets amidst the lightening and rain. The wind was so fierce, it blew my umbrella inside out. I got soaked, but I didn't care. I am getting my girl.

1 comment:

SunSticker said...

I have goosebumps. I am so excited for you. (And me.) ;)