Saturday, November 05, 2005

I Will Hug It, and Love It, and Kiss It All Over

I am jonesing for a dog like nobody's business. I really believe it is stemming from the fact that 1) CCAA has slowed down the referral process and we are now looking at 2007 rather than 2006 to get Ruby, 2) my cat Darwin, the one that I love, is no longer really feeling the love for me, and 3) this picture of Dakota, a puggle from Yonkers, NY is luring me to break out the checkbook and scoop up one just like her, name her Eloise, and teach her amazing tricks that will get us a spot on Animal Planet. I love dogs, but B & I went with cats as pets because we are not home enough to give a dog the attention she would need, and making life adjustments for pets is not the same to us as making a life adjustment for a child. Cats are the perfect pet for people who are busy. They are independent creatures who do not want to be cuddled, loved, played with, and paraded for all to see. It doesn't surprise me that all of these doggie descriptors are some that are also applied to babies/children. I know that deep down I am ready for Ruby and a dog would only be compensation till she gets here. I can wait for the one thing I want - delayed gratification knows no bounds.

1 comment:

Lisa~~ said...

What a cute puppy!!! Oh how I miss having pets in the house! Good luck in your quest.