Monday, November 07, 2005

I "Heart" B

B & I had our first official interview with our social worker today. We met at her office and, being that it is only a block away from mine, B met me there. I was so proud of him, he looked so handsome and cleanly shaved, even though I know it wasn't for my benefit. She asked us general questions about our lives, family support, how we feel about interracial families, etc... All in all, we talked both her legs off, and made her laugh more than she probably should. To us, a good meeting.
The best part though, while sitting there in her chintzy wing-back chairs, was being reminded of how much I love my husband. It was like I was standing outside looking in at this couple who so desperately want this baby, but know that if, for some reason, it doesn't work out, will be okay. I have learned that with this man by my side I can weather anything. We've gone through death, major life-threatening illness, crazy people, divorces of friends and family, financial strife, and the heartbreak of infertility, and never once did we consider being apart was better than being together. He is my best friend, soul mate, buddy, partner in crime, and the love of my life. With him I am so much more.

No comments: