Friday, July 29, 2005

Hello....Goodbye

Big things have happened these last two days...
My e-pals Karen, Lissa, and Joy have finally received referrals from China for their daughters. Both Karen and Joy have little six-month old babies, and Lissa's daughter is nine-months old. I am so happy for them! Cute, cute, cute!

Today is my good friend Sarah's last day in WV. She is joining her family in Texas, and starting a new chapter in her life. Sarah and I met through a mutual friend and became fast buddies seeing as I also met her brother that day and we began dating. Well Nathan and I had fun while it lasted, but I think I got the better deal. Sarah is fun, creative, smart, and kooky. She's going to blow into Texas like a dust storm and bring Austin to it's knees. I really can't say "goodbye" because I've never been to Texas and now I have the perfect excuse. So I guess I'll say "I'll be seeing you soon!"

Also, today is my last day at my current job. I am still here after five and not really ready to go. I have learned so much about myself in this position and feel like I have grown so much as a person and as a professional. One of the best things about this job has been the great friends I have made. There's something to be said when you have so many things to say but can't get them out because you don't want to cry. Cry over missing these people who have been so supportive and understanding through major surgery, "divorce" days, infertility heartache, celebrations, and periods of extreme emotion both good and bad. I will miss you my compadres as I take the next step in my life. I can only hope the next group of coworkers/friends are half as great as you.

The best thing about this job is that I met my best "grown up" girlfriend. I have many best friends from those met in junior high, college, and one through a previous job; however, no one is quite like Alicia. Let me tell you a little bit about this person who jokingly refers to herself as my "wife." Alicia is mouthy, loud, and funny as Hell. Only my Honey B can make me laugh as hard as her. She shares so many of my qualities, but she and I are also vastly different, we never run out of things to say. Alicia is the only person I know who knows more celebrity gossip than me. She has a terrible affinity for money, but she's savvy and sly about staying afloat. She has beautiful children who are practically perfect in every way, and she wouldn't settle for less. Alicia is my sister, best supporter, harshest critic and wonderful friend, and in many ways she is my "wife." The hardest part of my job has been knowing I won't have the privilege of seeing her every day. I love you, my friend.

No comments: