Sunday, April 15, 2007

Who, What, When, Where, and Why?

Some questions I've been pondering. What are your thoughts dear reader?

What the hell is going on with this Sanjaya thing?

Why am I almost 36 and have more pimples now than at 16, and why am I compelled to pick at them and create scars on my aging, tender skin?

Where can I find really cute summer flats that fit? I have a wide ball of foot/toe area and a narrow heel. Every flat I find fits in the front and flops in the back.

What is Jay Z talking about in the song Big Pimpin', when he talks about "spinning the cheese;" is that really what he's saying, and if so, what is he referring to?

Why is it that people will release intensely personal blogs, share all of their emotions, day-by-day life events, tears, joys, fears, and turmoil then shut down? I understand the purpose of going private; to me, that's a non-issue. However, when a blogger has hundreds of readers hanging onto their daily posts, there has to be some obligation to the reader and when does that end (or start)? What obligation does a blogger have to his/her readers to keep going? Why is it that the reader feels some emotional tie to the blogger, and why are we so disappointed when it ends? Who gets the shaft - the blogger who feels compelled to be witty and produce, or the reader who invests time and emotion in this person who has let it all hang out for years then is cut off without warning?

What's going on with women today who feel like they must participate in a show like The Bachelor or Flava of Love? When did women become this desperate for a taste of fame or for a man?

Who can tell me where to find a mascara that doesn't flake or cause raccoon eye?

When does career happiness take place of career advancement or change? I spend a lot of time thinking about this, and may take a plunge into something different. My job and my doc program have 2 completely different paths. I will not advance or move in my job after I finish this program, so I am constantly wondering when and how to make the change.

7 comments:

C's Mom said...

Good goddess, woman. You've got a whole book here.

Sanjaya...votefortheworst.com is my opinion.

Bachelor....gimme a break. It is a sad commentary on the state of women.

Mascara...only thing I like is the cheap-o Maybelline Great Lash.

All I can answer for now...so go spin some cheese (whatever that means ;0)

Shannon said...

The current issue of Real Simple rates mascaras. I too am on the hunt for anti raccoon eye. They seem to really like that Cover Girl one in the purpley tube.
Sanjaya is an enigma- but I agree with Connie. Which is kinda sad for Sanjaya.
Flava of Love- no idea why these women feel compelled to make such asses of themselves on tv. Is the aftermath really that great? Besides Trista & Ryan is there a single couple who've made it?
Can't help you on the shoes thing, unless you're finally willing to come over to the Crocs side. have you seen the new summer line? CUTE! MANY differnt styles. crocs.com
On the blog thing: I feel a sense of obligation to my readers. So much so that I've already left instructions along with passwords with Lisa that should I ever die or go into hospital that she needs to update ye ole blog. And I think we're all shafted in the end.
I heard once that cheese means money in gangsta land. So maybe spinning cheese is spending money?
xoxo

wzgirl said...

Walk yourself to the Clinique counter immediately. That is what helped me with the breakout thing. At least, that I what I think did?? Re: Sanjaya - girl, I do not know. My heart goes out to that lil' guy. Is there not someone on the sidelines tellinghim that the whole US is laughing at him vs. with him?? My heart goes out to him. I do not watch the show, but wonder this from my non-AI sidelines. As much as I love the underdog - this poor, wee guy just seems to get ridiculed week after next.....

aimeeg said...

Wow, so many thoughts at once! I don't get the breakout thing, either. Sucks. I don't watch AI, but know enough that the Sanjaya thing is bizarre.

walternatives said...

Who's Sanjaya? Hell, I can't help with this list at all. Well, maybe a comment on the blog issue. I don't know why people do what they do. One of life's great mysteries and immensely annoying at the same time.

Shannon said...

Good grief, your head might blow up with all those thoughts spinning around there. I have no answers for you unfortnuately. I don't even wear mascara anymore, I rub my eyes way too much for that. I end up with raccoon eyes and a black smear all over my fingers. FUN. :-)

Now I'm sitting here pondering all YOUR questions!! Maybe MY head will explode. pop! hee hee

"M2" said...

Lancome definicile mascara is my choice, when I actually wear it.
It doesn't force me to sit there picking it off until I no longer have eyelashes.

I ditched my entire career 6 years ago. I have zero stress at work and it's great.
I miss the big bucks, but realized it wasn't worth having no life quality.
I do miss my former title though--on occasion but that's about it.
Good luck.