Monday, June 26, 2006

Quiet House

C and her brother went home today. The weekend was rough, B pulled his back on Saturday morning and it basically went downhill from there.

B and I learned quite a bit from this experience:

  1. Having a baby in the house can be a lot of fun. We laughed a lot.
  2. Having a baby in the house can be very stressful. We bickered a lot.
  3. Soy formula really stinks. That smell, like instant mashed potato flakes, permeates everything.
  4. Babies need to have their teeth brushed. You know, from the beginning, we have been on C like white on rice about this. Religiously. Don't ask me why we kept bailing on this poor kid. If he develops massive tooth decay, we're pleading the fifth and deleting this post.
  5. Sam's Choice wet wipes are crap. They smell awful, no sweet baby smell from these and they shred when wiping copious amounts of poo. We won't be purchasing this brand. Ever.
  6. Speaking of copious poo, I have a history of poo related issues. This weekend did not help me overcome them.
  7. B and I are very different types of parents; I stress and he sleeps. We have a lot of middle ground to find.
  8. We are both incredibly out of shape. We have a year (or more) to remedy this.

It was a good week, but I am happy to have my house back. Next we need to get to work on Ruby's nursery, we're going to need the space.

1 comment:

SunSticker said...

I can't wait to see the nursery. Any ideas for themes yet?
As a rule, you never buy generic baby wipes. Never, ever, never. Your hand will go right through them and you'll be left holding a nice wad of poopy. :)