Sunday, March 05, 2006

Guilty Pleasures

The other day while my friend Tami and I were in the car for an extended period of time traveling for work purposes, we were listening to the XM Radio, cruising for the stations and hit upon Berlin's The Metro. We turned it up and sang along with every word. This got me thinking about guilty pleasures. You know, those things you just don't like to admit you love? Well, I'll tell you my top ten and just let it all hang out. What's a little honesty between friends, right?
Shhhhh... Don't tell anyone but I love...

  1. All Michael Jackson songs up to the album (CD) Dangerous. Even though he's a freak and possibly molests small children, the man can sing. If he didn't have such rabid fans and could go beyond his freak stigma to tour again, I would be there. In.a.heartbeat.
  2. Blue books. The steamier and raunchier the better. I will own up to reading romance novels, but wont discuss the ones that make the faint of heart have palpitations with anyone but my friend Caroline (who reads them too).
  3. Laying in bed right before I go to sleep, I will picture myself walking down the red carpet waving to fans and talking to Joan and Melissa or Star Jones. It relaxes me, and it's way better than counting sheep.
  4. Rubbing my butt before I go to sleep. Most of the time I make B do it, but if he doesn't, I will do it myself. Shut up and get your mind out of the gutter. Think massage. The legal kind, people!
  5. Cutting my toenails in hotels. Yep, I am the nasty one.
  6. The band Styx. They are cheesy, but I have a deep abiding love for Dennis DeYoung and Tommy Shaw. The Grand Illusion is one of the best albums ever, and no one can change my mind. BTW, I forced Tami to endure Mr. Roboto the day before we heard Berlin. She was appropriately traumatized.
  7. Drinking my morning coffee before I brush my teeth. It tastes better that way.
  8. The TV shows thirtysomething and Saved by the Bell. I will stop whatever I am doing, and like a deer in headlights, will watch either of these anytime they are on.
  9. Catching C in a lie. I know it's bad of me to find pleasure in making her squirm, but in so many ways it's rewarding. She truly believes I can see and hear everything she does.
  10. Popping B's zits. It's disgusting and gross, but there's a sick fascination that drives me to just grab and go. He hates it, but he endures. Man, I am really sick.

So, now that you think I am gross, have terrible taste in music, and probably a sexual freak, let me ask you this - What's your guilty pleasure?

Don't leave me out here all alone. Freak that I am.

1 comment:

SunSticker said...

You remember that REALLY cheesy song by Martika - Toy Soldiers? I love it. It still makes me teary-eyed. Oh, and a few months ago I was driving and "Wind Beneath my Wings" came on the radio. I ended up having to reapply my mascara. :/
I also have hot dreams about that big black guy from LOST. Mr. Eko. Makes me want to put on a bone skirt and be his Nigerian princess. :::Wiggling eyebrows:::