Sunday, June 24, 2007

Good Times



In the midst of all my stress, I was able to take a break and ventured out last night to see B's band, Whistlepunk playing at the Vandalia Lounge. The guys have added a lady to the mix, Miss Karen, and she does a stupendous job. Before, the guitarist Spencer was singing, and although nice, his voice doesn't carry the richness of Karen's. Check them out and have a listen here. I don't get to see B play as often as I'd like because they usually start way past my bedtime (midnight or later) at some pretty skeevy places, so it was good to hear them live.

5 comments:

kitchu said...

I listened and I am impressed!

walternatives said...

Thanks for the link - they're very good. Glad you were able to go to the show.

Mamacita said...

Why in the world would they have to play skeevy places? They are very good and have a pretty mainstream sound? I like them! Love that guitar.

Polar Bear said...

Glad you got some time to relax and see a good band. I love the guitar - he is really good.

Susan said...

They are great...glad you got to see them. Miss you and can't wait to see you!!!