Thursday, March 15, 2007

TV Rant

As y'all know, I've been a little wrapped up in TV lately. B doesn't watch as much TV as me, and I've been traveling for work and doing copious amounts of schoolwork, so discussion with my posses has been sparse; thus the attempt to spark some Internet discussion before I implode.

America's Next Top Model - This is the first season I have watched from the beginning and I am way into this train wreck. These women are crazy, and I am not talking a "Gosh, she's so crazy!" No, I am talking certifiable crazy. Especially the Russian mail-order bride, Natasha. Whoa.
So my questions -
1. What's up with Tyra overacting more than usual? That whole stepping thing in the premiere and then last night with the make-over drama. I thought her flamenco dancing last season was embarrassing, but Damn! Tyra! Take it down a notch. We get it, you are ghetto fabulous.
2. Is it me, or are some of these women cognitively delayed? Now, I am not saying models are stupid or have mental retardation, but I am questioning the cognitive abilities of Jael, Diane, and Jaslene.
3. Is Rachel a raging bitch, or what?

American Idol - I am so disappointed this season. I am having trouble mustering the will to watch. So far, I am rooting for Lakisha. She's got the pipes and she's genuine. So, I have some questions, and perhaps some of you can answer them:
1. How many of you are tired of Melinda and her "aw shucks, y'all" bullshit. I'm sorry, but I am so not buying it. How can anyone sing that well, have a decent career as a back-up singer, and be that freaking confident not have an inkling of her talent? Please.
2. What's up with Krista's boyfriend Chris and the head shaking? I get a little queasy if I watch for too long.
3. Is it me, or does anyone else get totally grossed out by Gina's nasty tongue piercing and grody white coated tongue? The woman worked in a dentist's office for Christ's sake! She should know the damage a tongue stud can do to her veneers and she should know how to "brush" her tongue. EW.
4. Sunjaya - WTF?
5. Okay, how many of you think that Phil looks like Bat Boy?

The Riches - No questions, just some thoughts. I don't know how much I am going to like this show, which is about this family of grifters that steals the identities of a man and wife they run off the road with their RV and inadvertently kill. The man and woman's name was Rich, and they were on their way to their newly Internet purchased home in Florida. Meh. Right? Perhaps, but this show features Eddie Izzard as the main character, and Oh. My. God. I love Eddie Izzard with every fiber of my being. I don't know what it is. He's not attractive in a conventional way and he's a transvestite who wears more make-up than me (not that being a transvestite is a bad thing, I just want to be the pretty one in my relationships), but I think he's dead sexy. I have probably seen Dress to Kill 10 times. He's hilarious in a cerebral, acerbic way and I *heart* him very much; therefore, I am watching this show whether I like it or not. I'll keep you posted.

Grey's Anatomy - Okay, last night really pissed me off. What the hell is Shonda thinking?
1. I love Callie, and think she's pretty awesome because she puts up with George's bullshit, especially his snarky friends. So predictable to have him and Izzie drunk then wake up together. Whatever. I guess now we are going to have to deal with the fallout in the typical predictable fashion. Yawn. The whole,"Did we have sex? I was so drunk I can't remember!" crap is so overdone. Didn't this just happen on Desperate Housewives with Gabby and the weird guy? Raise your hand if you think Izzie is a selfish bitch and needs slapped every single time she opens her stupid mouth.
2. Am I the only one who thinks that the only good plot lately is Alex and Jane Doe? He just gets better every week.
3. As soon as the Old Soap Opera guy grabbed Christina's ass, B (who rarely watches this show) said, "Whoa! She's a surgeon whore; a succubus. I see this all the time, once she learns everything from them she moves on to the next, more powerful doctor." Now, B works with residents and interns daily, but still. Can we all say Predictable?

Okay. I'm done. Talk amongst yourselves. Let the rant begin.

10 comments:

Special K said...

Step off my boyfriend! Okay so he sings a little weird sometimes... but he's H-O-T! I like Melinda but like Lakisha better. Can't figure out the Sunjaya thing except that maybe every-single-person-in-India is voting for him?

Don't watch the others.

Love love love Grey's! Why hasn't Meredith told Izzie about seeing Denny in the afterlife? I really liked Izzie after he died but she's been being a real bitch lately. And I like Callie too. She deserves better. Curious to see how Jane Doe works out. And I don't think Yang and Burke will ever make it down the aisle. But why is Addison giving McSteamy the man-whore another chance? Didn't he cheat on her?

After reading this I'm thinking maybe I need to get a life. LOL!

C's Mom said...

I can only speak to Idol and I have not been annoyed by Melinda...yet. I am more of a Lakisha girl too.

Chris does not do a nibble uh nuthin' for me. Krista does like 'em young ;0)

I'm not a big fan of Gina's stud bt have to say I didn't notice tongue funk. Gag...now I gotta look.

Poor Phil...I thought of wombats when I saw him

Sanjaya...just goes to prove that the universer is, indeed, FUBAR

:0)

Debra Sue said...

C.J. Yes, the universe is indeed FUBAR, especially if they keep a no-talent, no personality wanker like him in the mix. I can honestly say that I will not be forking over 200+ for AI concert tickets this year.

Krista - No slam on the VBF (virtual boyfriend), he just makes me a little dizzy. And, as you can read from my post - I, too, need a life.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

I love you for thinking all the same things about Grey's that I was thinking last night. What is Izzie thinking? George doesn't deserve Callie (who so rocks) and Alex and Jane Doe...nothing better.

Donna said...

Thank goodness for Tivo or I'd have zero idea what the heck you're talking about!

Amen to everything you wrote about AI. The rest of the stuff has auto-deleted when Tivo finally dumped it before I ever found time to watch. Such is the life of a mom of two 2 year olds! (but we do manage to watch every single freakin' episode of Blue's Clues!!)

:)

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!

wzgirl said...

Ok, I'm not reading the GA synopsis b/c it is on TIVO now. But, I will weigh in on Riches. So, you like sexy-ugly? Me too. We casually checked in on the show while waiting for 24 & got SUCKED in. Never planned on looking at it, but now it is on TIVO, too. I'm a Minnie Driver fan & loved seeing her as a cornrowed junkie. I am dying to hear why she was in prison & how they manage to dodge her PO.

rubyiscoming said...

yuppers - pretty darn sick o' predictability in grey's anatomy.

me likey alex. he is the only worthy character w/ some originality lately.

rest of show? clearly, imitations of shows gone awry from our past.

ugh. shonda? get a grip and hire a couple more writers with some originality!!! puhlease!

Anonymous said...

This week I am into the russian mail order bride, the girl with no neck, and letting Allison get her own show. Enough already.

"M2" said...

I like no neck the best.
It is infuriating watching Sanjaya stay on. I am so thankful for our DVR, no commercials and I can skip most of the guys.

Greys... I didn't think they'd hook up--It came as a shock to me. I thought it was a deep moment where Izzy would come to terms with her anger. Instead it went soap opera style.

Desperate housewives is a repeat tonight again...

Anonymous said...

I love the russian mail order bride. She is nuts!! But funny bitchy nuts.
Sanjaya-ummm I don't even know he is so young and sweet. I wouldn't want to say anything to hurt him. But dang he has better hair than me.
Grey's-didn't watch but I should of.
Ok I'm out.
Did you see the agency about the Wilhelmina Model's. It was good I just caught it the other night. on MTV I think. Becky the booker is a total witch and fun to watch but super mean-mean-mean to the girls.